UX Designer/Service Designer
We are London based digital innovation and user experience agency that uses technology to help our clients succeed. We’ve been helping government, charities, corporates and start-ups to achieve their digital goals since 2009.
Relationships, innovation and quality are at the core of who we are. We believe that by forming positive relationships with colleagues and clients, we can be better than the sum of our parts. Our focus on innovation helps us find smart solutions to our clients’ problems. And our dedication to quality means the services and products we create always leave people smiling.
What is it like being a UX Designer/Service Designer at Bit Zesty?
At Bit Zesty, being a UX Designer/Service Designer is about design thinking, collaboration and following best UX practices. It is about creating digital products and services - including web apps, websites and mobile apps - that meet our clients' user and organisational needs.
Depending on your exact skills and experience, you will do some of the below activities:
- Work closely with Product/Project Managers and clients helping them realise their product vision.
- Create user journey maps and service blueprints to get a shared understanding.
- Conduct user research work - including user interviews, usability tests, surveys, research reports and personas.
- Sketch, wireframe, prototype by following UX best practices, for example, those advocated by GDS or NNG.
- Keep up to date with the latest UX/Service Design practices and contribute to the company’s blog.
To succeed in this role, you should be:
- Experienced as a Service Designer, User Experience Designer or similar role.
- Educated to a University Degree level (first or upper second class).
- Passionate about good UX - appreciation of NNG & GDS practices is a bonus.
- Empathetic with the users, but considerate of organisational needs.
- Comfortable working under time pressure and meeting deadlines.
As a Bit Zesty team member, you should also be:
- Great teammate - we appreciate and always help each other.
- Acting with integrity - we value honesty and doing the right thing.
- Smart – we are critically thinking individuals who can problem solve and learn new industries as well as concepts easily.
- Committed to quality - whether it is a good user experience, robust code or well-written email, we never cut corners.
- Task-focused - for us it is about getting the job done, rather than watching the clock.
- Fun-loving – we like to laugh, socialise and build lasting friendships with your colleagues.
What do we offer in return?
- Friendly, smart and hard-working team.
- Central London location (Islington - Angel).
- Possibility to work remotely on some days.
- Training budget.
- 25 days holidays (+bank holidays).
- Medical insurance.
- Gym membership.
- Full kitchen facilities.
- Free fruits, snacks and beverages.
- Roof terrace for hot summer days.
- Complimentary bar to unwind after a busy week.
- Competitive salary depending on relevant experience.
If you feel that you are up for a challenge, please apply with a cover letter stating why you would be a good fit for the role and include your CV and, ideally, portfolio.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion or belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnerships, pregnancy or maternity or age.