Lead User Experience Designer (Remote Working Possibility)
Who we are
We are a digital service design agency with strong technical delivery capabilities with ambitious growth plans. We’ve been helping the government, charities, corporations, and start-ups to achieve their digital goals since 2009. We like to do work that has a positive impact on society, and many of our projects have a social-good aspect to them.
Relationships, innovation, and quality are at the core of who we are. We believe that by forming positive relationships with colleagues and clients, we can be better than the sum of our parts. Our focus on innovation helps us find smart solutions to our clients’ problems. Our dedication to quality means the services and products we create always leave people smiling.
Flexible and remote working
From the very beginning, we established effective remote working practices. It provides a better work-life balance and gives our people more autonomy. It opens up opportunities for people who otherwise would not be able to work with us and helps us do our bit in preserving the environment. As long as you can make it to client meetings when required, you can choose to work from home as much as you wish.
What is it like being a Lead User Experience Designer at Bit Zesty?
At Bit Zesty, being a Lead UX Designer is about design thinking, collaboration as well as creating great user-centered digital services and products. You will be:
- Driving new business & creating Design propositions.
- Leading UX and service design projects.
- Leading workshops and facilitating.
- Creating user journey maps, service blueprints, reports.
- Chipping in with hands-on UX work, by creating sketches or wireframes.
- Helping to grow a specialised Design offering.
- Educating clients on UX Design principles and value.
- Establishing internal UX Design frameworks and methodologies.
- Training and mentoring team members in Design.
You would love this role if you are:
- Experienced as senior/lead level User Experience Designer, Service Designer or similar role.
- Enthusiastic about GDS and NNG practices.
- An analytical thinker, who enjoys problem solving and learning new industries as well as complex domains.
- Empathetic with the users, but considerate of organisational needs.
- Comfortable working under time pressure and meeting deadlines.
- Enjoying managing and mentoring people.
As a Bit Zesty team member, you should also be:
- Acting with integrity - we value honesty and doing the right thing.
- Customer experience orientated - we strive to provide an excellent experience for the end-users, our customers and our teammates.
- Committed to quality - whether it is award-winning designs, robust code or well-written email, we never cut corners.
- Task-focused - for us it is about getting the job done, rather than watching the clock.
- Flexible - we are not phased by changing priorities or requirements and are comfortable with a level of uncertainty.
What do we offer in return?
- Opportunity to work mostly remotely (unless you prefer to be office based).
- Flexible working hours.
- 25 days holiday, birthday day off (+ bank holidays).
- Training/conference budget.
- Medical insurance.
- Gym membership.
- £65K to £80K salary depending on relevant experience.
If you wish to be office based:
- Office in a vibrant central London location - Islington/Kings Cross.
- Free bar to unwind after a busy day.
- Roof terrace for hot summer days.
Are you intrigued? Please send us your CV and portfolio. Even if you don’t meet all the requirements or your portfolio is not ready, we’d love to hear from you.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion or belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnerships, pregnancy or maternity or age.