Lead Service Designer
Who we are
We are a digital service design agency with strong technical delivery capabilities with ambitious growth plans. We’ve been helping the government, charities, corporations, and start-ups to achieve their digital goals since 2009. We like to do work that has a positive impact on society, and many of our projects have a social-good aspect to them.
Relationships, innovation, and quality are at the core of who we are. We believe that by forming positive relationships with colleagues and clients, we can be better than the sum of our parts. Our focus on innovation helps us find smart solutions to our clients’ problems. Our dedication to quality means the services and products we create always leave people smiling.
Flexible and remote working
From the very beginning, we established effective remote working practices. It provides a better work-life balance and gives our people more autonomy. It opens up opportunities for people who otherwise would not be able to work with us and helps us do our bit in preserving the environment. As long as you can make it to the office or client’s site for meetings, you can choose to work from home as much as you wish.
What is it like being a Lead Service Designer at Bit Zesty?
At Bit Zesty, being a Lead Service Designer is about design thinking, collaboration as well as creating great user-centred services. You will be:
- Driving new business & creating Service Design propositions
- Leading Service Design and UX projects
- Leading workshops and facilitating
- Creating user journey maps, service blueprints, reports
- Helping to grow a specialised Service Design offering
- Educating clients on Service Design principles and value
- Establishing internal Service Design frameworks and methodologies
- Training and mentoring team members in Service Design
- Chipping in with hands-on UX work as required
You would love this role if you are:
- Experienced as senior/lead level Service Designer, User Experience Designer or similar role.
- Enthusiastic about GDS and NNG practices.
- An analytical thinker, who enjoys problem solving and learning new industries as well as complex domains.
- Empathetic with the users, but considerate of organisational needs.
- Comfortable working under time pressure and meeting deadlines.
- Enjoying managing and mentoring people.
As a Bit Zesty team member, you should also be:
- Committed to quality - whether it is good user experience, robust code or well-written email, we never cut corners.
- Acting with integrity - we value honesty and doing the right thing.
- Task-focused - for us it is about getting the job done, rather than watching the clock.
- Great teammate - we appreciate and always help each other.
What do we offer in return?
- Opportunity to work mostly remotely (unless you prefer to be office based).
- Office in trendy and easy to reach central London location (Kings Cross/Islington).
- 25 days holiday, birthday day off (+ bank holidays).
- Medical insurance.
- Gym membership.
- Training/conference budget.
- Free bar to unwind after a busy day (when in the office).
- Roof terrace for hot summer days (when in the office).
- Competitive salary depending on relevant experience.
Are you intrigued? Please send us your CV and portfolio. Even if you don’t meet all the requirements or your portfolio is not ready, we’d love to hear from you.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion or belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnerships, pregnancy or maternity or age.